- Users under the age of 18 year must have written parental permission to use computers in the Computer lab. A parent or guardian must accompany users under the age of 13 years old.
- Saving information/files to the hard drives of the library computers may result in the revoking of computer privileges. Patrons may use personal storage devices. The Library accepts no responsibility for damage to any personal disks, data or computer equipment or software.
- The cost of printing is $0.10 a page. Patrons are required to pay for what they print.
- You must sign up for a computer using your personal library card. Visitors may use a guest card. Use of a library card other than your own, regardless of relation or permission, may result in the revoking of computer privileges for all parties involved.
- You are responsible for damage to equipment, software, or other property of the library by deliberate and willful acts.
- The library computers may not be used for illegal activities, personal communications other than email, lobbying, the transmission of offensive materials, hate mail, discriminating or slanderous material, or to obtain dangerous obscene or pornographic material.
- The library staff cannot be held responsible for information obtained from the use of library computers or subsequent use of information acquired from their use.
- No more than two users at any time may be at each computer station. If any patrons are disruptive the library staff has the authority to ask patrons to leave computer room or library.
- Failure to abide by this policy may result in the loss of user privileges, either temporarily or permanently, depending on the severity and frequency of such violations.
- The Library reserves the right to use logging software to monitor use of library computers.
These rules and regulations are subject to change at any time.
Adopted by the Corry Public Library Board of Trustees March 13, 2013